IgnYte is a Personal Youth Development programme designed for 16-25 year olds in Derry/Londonderry. It is a partnership between St. Columbs Park House and the Churches Trust and is funded by the International Fund for Ireland and managed by the Rural Development Council.
The programme addresses 3 key areas:
- Adventure - outdoor activities
- Skills & Good Relations
- Personal Development
The programme uses a person centred approach to identify and meet the needs of participants including:
- Work/education/training - providing at least 2 qualifications
- Health & Wellbeing (physical and mental)
- Structure in the form of regular sessions(both in groups and on an individual basis) including a healthy meal
- Coming into contact with different types of people and of thinking
What our participants say about the programme......
'It's good to meet new people and learn new things like First Aid, Tai Chi'
'Seeing life from different perspectives has been useful'
'I know I'm welcome because it's friendly and I can be me at IgnYte'
The programme is open to anyone 16-25 who is interested in considering a new direction in life.